It’s no surprise that Jane loves Mallorca, besides her Italian passion most of her wines come from this fantastic island that is part of the Balearic Islands in Spain.
So in case you ever wonder, once on the island, where to go? She made you a list! Here you will find her favourite restaurants, wine bars, beaches and hotels. You’re welcome ;-)
Santa Catalina, a lively and cosy area in Mallorca’s capital city: Palma.
- The Duke: surfer restaurant, one of Jane’s favourites ❤️
- Bunker’s restaurant: next to The Duke, Italian restaurant
- Bar Ventuno: drinks and mini pizzas
- El Aquanauta: very delicious authentic Mexican with amazing tacos and margaritas, favourite!
- Rikito: amazing pizzeria with lots of great italian dishes
- Santa Catalina Mercat: fresh market, drinks on Saturday. The best fresh sushi and dimsum everyday. Don’t forget to visit the oyster bar with a glass of bubbles!
- Johnny’s Dhaba: Indian restaurant
- Isaan: delicious Thai restaurant
- Ramen bar Izakaya: for quick and delicious Ramen
- Naan street food: delicious fish tacos and kimchi salad
- Sumaq: Peruvian
- Koh: Delicious thai
- 17 grados: the best solomillo steak
- Mr Xiao: modern Chinese, really great
- Patron Lunares: Spanish tapas but a little more hip
- Bar cuba: rooftop drinks overlooking the harbour
- Spot: nice lunch and dinner, Jane’s fav ❤️
- Primo taqueria: tacos, really nice and outside terrace
- Chula Vista: nice outside terrace, mexican restaurant
- Vandal: Cool gastronomic restaurant, full night experience
- La Perla: Italian restaurant
- Mestís: cool Mediterranean restaurant also great for coffee, breakfast and lunch
- Elefante Santa Catalina: great coffee, juices and healthy stuff
- Mama Carmen: cute for breakfast and lunch, amazing acai! All vegan and really good coffee and vegan.
- Ziva: Nice for acai
- El Perrito: Spanish and perfect for breakfast, lunch and drinks
- Pleno: good for breakfast, lunch and coffee, kind of Australian vibes
Go to Carrer de Sant Magí and you will find lots of cocktail bars.
Palma, the capital of Mallorca
- El Camino: one of Jane's favourites, a little upscale Spanish tapas restaurant. Eat at the bar, reservation is needed.
- Tast Club: Spanish upscale tapas, really good
- La Bodeguilla: haute cuisine restaurant, amazing wines; Belondrade y Lurton! Jumm.
- Restaurante Za’atar: amazing place in the garden of Hotel Born, also cool for cocktails
- DINS Santi Taura: very elegant, earthy, refined and authentic Mallorquin cuisine
- La Rosa vermuteria: favourite tapas bar, order a glass of Vermouth!
- Bar Cappuccino (more locations): a bit overpriced and touristy but I always love the interior and terrace
- Bar Abaco: travel back in time when visiting this very cool and authentic spot for cocktails, the interior is worth a visit!
- Simply Fosh: fancy upscale restaurant, when you have all night
- Bar España: very local for Spanish tapas and drinks
- La Boveda: authentic Spanish tapas, nothing fancy but very good
- Clandestino Cocktail Club: great place to visit fro after dinner cocktails
- Coquetier Cocktail Club: nice for cocktails after dinner
Hotels and wine bars
- Hotel Sant Francesc: beautiful hotel, rooftop with fine dining
- Hotel Cappuccino: always on great locations with a terrace
- Hotel Cort restaurant: on a beautiful square, close to Jane’s old house next to Hotel Cappuccino
- Concepció by Nobis: one of Jane’s favourite hotels, cool lobby for remote working and an amazing pool.
- Can Cera Mallorcan Luxury House (5*): amazing hidden gem in the old centre of Palma, knock on the door for entrance. Only open for cocktails and dinner if you’re not a guest.
- Es Princep (5*): cool hotel with rooftop terrace and pool
- Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden: beautiful hotel with lovely terrace in the garden, great place for cocktails
- Bar Nicolás: located on a cute square in the city, great wines and cocktails and small bites
- La Viniloteca: Jane’s favourite ❤️ wine bar, play your favourite vinyl and taste all the (natural) wines
- Bar La sang: all natural wines, great bites and nice owner to explain every wine
- CAV. : wineshop with the best natural wines from the island and more
- Mistral coffee: amazing coffee and nice spot to work, several locations in town
- Surry Hills Coffee: nice spot for coffee and remote working
- La Molienda: several locations, always good for breakfast, lunch or just a good coffee
- Cafe Poupette: nice location in Parc de Sa Feixina, great for breakfast and lunch
- Cafe Riutort: this is where the locals go, simple but amazing breakfast and coffee
- PLUMO: bikes and coffees and nice bites. Great before or after cycling, bike repair and bike rent of cool vintage bikes.
- Rapha: bike cafe with great coffee, breakfast and lunch
Other restaurants all over Mallorca
- Brut: Located in Llubi, only a few seats per night. Very special gastronomic experience
- Ca na toneta: located in Caimari, natural wines are a speciality, fixed menu, this is a night out and one of Jane’s favourites ❤️
- Sa foradada: Paella in a restaurant high on the rocks. Only accessible by 1 hour walk or by boat. Only open for lunch
- Sa Roqueta: very good fish restaurant near Palma
- Cap Rocat: one of the most beautiful 5 star hotels on the island. Lunch overlooking the sea. Located in an old fort.
- Ca’s Patró March: beautiful, idyllic fish restaurant in Deia overlooking the sea. Call for reservations, Jane’s favourite ❤️
- Tahini Sushi Bar: Located in Portals Nous, very good sushi and a beautiful restaurant
- Restaurant Flanigan: Located in Portals Nous, Mediterranean
- Restaurant Illeta: Located in Camp de Mar, Idyllic lunch spot on an island, surrounded by the sea
- Hotel Bendinat: Located in Portals Nous, delicious lunch and dinner. A little bit more upscale but a very nice spot for a swim.